This workout is perfect for those of you who are looking for simple, yet effective exercises to build up and tone your booty. This workout is great because you can do these exercises anywhere. All you need is a yoga mat or soft surface to protect your knees, as some of the exercises are done in a hand and knees position.
This post contains affiliate links
- These first exercises are different variations of bridge. In the first set, keep your feet parallel with hips and right under your knees. Push off of your heels and lift your hips ups, while keeping your core engaged and ribs tucked in. This ensures that you will feel the work in your glutes and hamstrings. Repeat this for a total of 10 reps.
- In the second position, move your feet out to the edges of your mat and turn your feet slightly out. Now when you lift your hips you should feel it more along your side seat. Repeat for another 10 reps.
- For the third position, begin in a reclined bound angle pose. Your feet should be together and knees out to the side. Lift up with your hips for another 10 reps. You should feel this in your side seat and inner thighs.
Single Leg Bridge Lift
For this exercise, set up as you did for the first bridge lift with your feet parallel to your hips. Lift one leg straight up. Push off of the grounded foot to lift your hips up. Be sure to keep your core engaged and your ribs tucked in throughout the movement. Repeat this exercise for a set of 10 on each side.
Straight Leg Lifts
Begin in a hands and knees position with one leg extended straight out towards the back of your mat. Lift the extended leg up and back. Contract your glute muscle at the top of the movement each time. Also, be sure to keep your back in a neutral position throughout the entire movement. You should start to feel the base of your seat, right where your glutes meet your hamstrings. This exercise helps to form that nice ledge underneath your seat for a nice rounded booty. Repeat for 10 reps on each side.
Side Seat Series
For this exercise series, begin in a hands and knee position. Straighten one leg out to the back corner of your mat with your hip/leg turned out. Lift your leg straight up on the outer diagonal. Then bend that same leg in toward your top elbow. Kick it straight back to the previous position. Then you can once again lower it down to the outer corner of your mat. Repeat this entire series for 10 reps on each side. Be sure to keep your core engaged throughout the movement and keep your working leg in a turned out position. You should feel this exercise working your side seat and your obliques.
Bent Leg Lifts
Start in a hands and knees position, but with your elbows on the floor. Kick back one leg, keeping your thigh parallel to the floor. Bend your knee up to a 90 degree angle with your heel to the ceiling. Contract the base of your seat to lift your leg up to the ceiling, while keeping your back in a neutral position. Release the contraction to come back to your starting position. You should really feel the base of your booty firing in this move. Repeat for 20 reps on each side.
Begin by laying down on one side with your knees bent in and your head propped up on your hand. Your shoulders, hips, and heels should all be in one straight line along the back of your mat. Keeping your thighs and knees together, lift your feet up and off of the mat. Keeping your heels together, open your top leg up into a clam shell like position. Then close your legs back together, keeping your feet in the same position throughout the exercise. Repeat for 20 reps on each side. To make this exercise a little easier, you can leave your feet on the floor throughout the movement.
Side Lying Leg Lifts
- Begin in a side lying position with your knees bent into a 90 degree angle. Keeping the top leg bent in at a 90 degree angle, contract your booty and lift that leg up toward the ceiling. Then lower it back down to your starting position. Throughout the movement, use your top arm to push into the mat. This will help you to feel the work in your top leg only. Repeat for 20 reps on each side.
- To make this exercise a little more difficult, you can extend your top leg straight out in front of you (as shown in the picture on the right). Lift and lower that top leg for 20 reps on each side.
I hope you enjoy these exercises. Incorporate these exercises into your regular workout regimen and you will start to see booty building and toning results in no time!